- What was the best vacation you have ever had?
- What was the most disappointing destination/vacation you have experienced?
- Where would you like to travel or visit first when COVID is over?
PRAISE & PRAYER
Everyone shares praise for what & where you have seen God at work this week, including answers to prayer from the previous week.
OPEN YOUR BIBLES TOGETHER
Read Galatians 5:23-24
Read Exodus 34:5-7
Read Hebrews 12:1-3
- What do you see or what do you hear in those passages?
- How would you explain "faith" or "faithfulness" to someone who asked you?
- Everyone shares about someone in your life who has exemplified "faithfulness" (who were they to you, what are they like, and how specifically do you see the fruit of faith in them?)
Read Matthew 23:5-12
- Where in the world do you see hypocrisy/compromise?
- Over the last year, are there any areas where you've "compromised" in your faith? What has that looked and felt like?
Read Romans 12:1-2
- Where do you find faith most challenging (submission to the Bible? Christian ethics? failure of leaders? of following Jesus? somewhere else?)
- What can help us reorient our heart towards Christ as the "Author and perfecter" of faith this week?PRACTICE: (suggestions)
take 10-15 mins each day to write and reflect where you felt faithful or faithless.
with a spouse or close friend, engage in a conversation where you are struggling in your faith and ask them to pray with and for you.
Take the next week to read through the Psalms of Ascent (Psalm 120-134) during your devotional time. (For deeper reflection, use Eugene Peterson's "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction" as a study guide.)