COMMUNITY Study Questions
- Read Galatians 5:22 - 23.
- Define biblical goodness as compared to the way that our culture defines goodness.
- Goodness is one facet of the fruit of the Spirit. In what ways is goodness connected to or intertwined with some of the other facets of the fruit of the Spirit?
- Read Matthew 5:14 - 16.
- We see the need to be bearers of light and good works so that our city might KNOW JESUS -- Again, as ambassadors of Christ, how can we uphold this responsibility and privilege?
- What ways are non- believers trying to address these issues of brokenness? Will these good works function in a restorative way? (Romans 2:14-15)
- How is being the light of the world both an individual and a community activity?
- Read Ephesians 2:8 - 10. Jonathan stated that doing biblical goodness is not a ‘gimmick’ to get people to come to Christ. “We don’t do good works so that people will become Christians; we do good works because we are Christians.”
- How is goodness connected to evangelism and at the same time separate from evangelism? How do you feel about that? Why do you feel that way?
- If that is the case then we, as followers of Jesus, should be free to work with secular organizations that are seeking goodness in our city. How do you feel about that? Why do you feel that way?
- If you were to join any secular organization in our city that was pursuing goodness, what type of an organization would you be attracted to? (i.e. Where would your interests lie if you were to volunteer to join them?)
- Can you see how your presence as a believer would be valuable in these organizations?
- Share a time when you saw or experienced biblical goodness in action, either that you were part of or witnessed or heard about. What made it beautiful?