COMMUNITY Study Questions
- What stood out to you from this week’s sermon?
- Review the story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19). Why are Christians sometimes embarrassed or offended by this particular story in the Bible?
- In the story of Lot and his family fleeing from sin, they had different responses: taking offense, lingering, minimizing their sin and going back to their sin. Fleeing from sin is not easy. Review the following verses. What are some practical ways that we can flee from sin?
- 2 Timothy 2:22
- 1 Corinthians 6:18
- 1 Corinthians 10:13
- James 4:7
- Read James 5:16.
- Why is there value in confessing our sins to another person?
- Have you ever done this? If so, how did it go? If not, why not?
- Read Hebrews 12:3 - 4.
- What do these verses teach about how to flee from sin and the cost of fleeing from sin?
- What are some of the short-term ‘costs’ of fleeing from sin?
- What are the long term benefits of fleeing from sin?