COMMUNITY Study Questions
- There’s a lot going on these days. What emotion(s) would you say you’re feeling most this week? (Not “are you good” but what are you feeling)
- Abraham had lots of special experiences with God. Sarah hadn’t. Why do you think God would appear to Abraham, but not to Sarah?
- Have you ever felt like God is more present in other people's lives than he is in yours?
- Sarah had spent her life being defined by the point of her most pain and hurt. When you look at the big picture, what things or words have defined your life?
- God promises to bring something beautiful out of the broken parts of Sarah’s story. If you look at your life, where has God brought something beautiful out of your brokenness?
- George MacDonald writes that “The Son of God suffered unto the death, not that men might not suffer, but that their sufferings might be like His.” Are there any areas in your life where you are struggling to see the purpose behind the pain?
- What would it look like to reclaim wonder in the God who brings beauty out of the brokenness? What might happen?