Reflection / Application Questions
- Reflect on your time spent in prayer this week.
- Has it been easier? More difficult? Why do you think that is?
- Take a moment this week to talk with someone about this and encourage each other / share your experience together.
- What’s got your attention? What are you focused on?
- Take stock of your “attention-giving” capacity this past week. Is it lop-sided on the news? Worry? Sinful thoughts?
- Who can keep you accountable to keeping your focus on Jesus and his goodness rather than stuck on alternatives?
- Re-read Philippians 4:8-9:
- There is so much “good stuff” to be thankful for in the world. You just have to pay attention!
- What do you see around you that is true, honourable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, or worthy of praise?
- Take some time to reflect on those things and express thanks to God for them
- Have you signed up for RightNow Media yet? This a great tool to give some attention to Jesus and the Bible through a variety of video resources.
- Who are you connected with? Who can you reach out to this week to share life?
- Are you in a group? Consider joining a Virtual Community Group: https://www.ridgebaptist.ca/pages/groups
- Pray for a greater focus on Jesus amidst a world of potential distractions
- Confess sin and remember that if we confess, Jesus will forgive (1 John 1:9)
- As Pastor Jonathan prayed, take some time to intercede for:
- Government leaders (wisdom, discernment, courage, etc)
- Front-line workers (even those in our own church congregation)
- Consider joining with the other churches around the world today and praying together using the following guide: https://covid19.worldea.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/WEA-GDOPF_Guide_A4.pdf
Please continue to give generously. You can find various options at http://www.ridgebaptist.ca/give
Sign-up for “rightnow MEDIA”
Stay up to date and connected…
Website homepage: https://www.ridgebaptist.ca